Non-replicated index allowing comparison ("<")?

От Björn Edström
Тема Non-replicated index allowing comparison ("<")?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings list.

I have a Postgresql 9.0.8 cluster with one master and a few slaves, in
a hot standby and streaming replication setup. The setup has a single
database with a single table. The table has a column "updated" of type
"timestamp".

For maintenance reasons I'd like to create a B-tree (or at least some
kind of index allowing fast comparisons, "<" and ">" at least).
However, I'd, if possible, like to create this index on a single
machine in the cluster and not have it replicated everywhere. When the
maintenance is done the index should be removed. Hash indices will not
work in this case - it's non-replicated but does not work for
comparisons.

Ideas?

Best regards
Björn