Re: .pgpass not working

От Rebecca Clarke
Тема Re: .pgpass not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ben

I had saved the .pgpass file in my home directory /home/user/.pgpass which works when I'm logged in as user. However, in order for me to use Slony, I had to be logged in as postgres user.
I installed strace and ran my pg_dump test and found that it actually looks for the .pgpass file in /var/lib/postgresql  (which I'm assuming is the postgres users home directory as this is the directory where I begin in when I log in).
I made a copy of the .pgpass and saved it in that location and it worked!

Many thanks.

Rebecca