Re: Selecting rows having substring in a column

От Gary Cowell
Тема Re: Selecting rows having substring in a column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Look at the 'LIKE' function

select * from Fishes where stream_trib like '%Winding River%';

You need to 'bookend' your string with '%' for 'LIKE' function, if the
string could match anywhere. If it could only be at the end, you could
use '%Winding River'

If case is an issue, wrap it with upper (or lower)

.... where upper(stream_trib) like '%WINDING RIVER%';

You could also use a regular expression, or 'SIMILAR', but 'LIKE' is
often the simplest.

More information here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/functions-matching.html