How can I recreate a view in a new schema such that the view defreferences tables in the new schema ?

От David Gauthier
Тема How can I recreate a view in a new schema such that the view defreferences tables in the new schema ?
Дата
Re: How can I recreate a view in a new schema such that the viewdef references tables in the new schema ?
Список pgsql-general
Here's an interesting one for you...
psql (9.6.7, server 11.3) on linux

I have 2 DBs, differnet servers/instances.  I want to take all the metadata and data for a set of tables/views in the public schema of one DB and move it all over to be inside a schema of a second DB/instance.

I'm using pg_dump to create the script and I believe I can insert a "set search_path=myschem" in the output of pg_dump such that when it runs, the "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE VIEW", "GRANT...", etc.... commands, will all go into the new schema (which I have prepared).  Problem is the view defs.
The view defs do not prefix the referenced tables with "myschem.", so the CREATE VIEW xyx commands fail.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks in Advance.