Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers

От Rick Otten
Тема Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
FWIW, the database crashed again tonight.  It hasn't been quiet enough yet to be able to restart it in a controlled fashion to enable cores.  Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend!

2017-07-27 23:01:20.411 UTC     LOG:  worker process: parallel worker for PID 31472 (PID 2186) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault

Since I didn't have statement logging and debug turned on this time, I can only guess which query seg faulted.

Is enabling DEBUG in the postgresql.conf sufficient to enable debug symbols in the core, or do I have to rebuild the postgresql binaries to get that?  Is the core of any use without debug symbols enabled?

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Rick Otten <rottenwindfish@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll restart the database tonight to pick up the ulimit change and let you know if I capture a core file in the near future.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rick Otten <rottenwindfish@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't have any core files.  I suppose that is something I have to enable
> specifically?   I'm game to turn it on in case we core dump again.

If you're not seeing core files, you probably need to take measures
to make the postmaster run with "ulimit -c unlimited".  It's fairly
common for daemon processes to get launched under "ulimit -c 0"
by default, for largely-misguided-imo security reasons.