Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers

От Rick Otten
Тема Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I'm using the Ubuntu PostgresSQL 9.6.3 from this repo:

It looks like there is a "-dbg" package available:
   postgresql-9.6-dbg - debug symbols for postgresql-9.6

I'll give that a try when I get the restart opportunity.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rick Otten <rottenwindfish@gmail.com> writes:
> Is enabling DEBUG in the postgresql.conf sufficient to enable debug symbols
> in the core, or do I have to rebuild the postgresql binaries to get that?

You would need to recompile (with --enable-debug added to configure
switches) if they're not there already.  But if you used somebody's
packaging rather than a homebrew build, you can probably get the
symbols installed without doing your own build.

> Is the core of any use without debug symbols enabled?

You should still be able to get a stack trace out of it, but the trace
would be much more informative with debug symbols.  See
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD