Re: Adding storage parameters on index

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: Adding storage parameters on index
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I would also suggest moving Columns and Include Columns to a separate tab - Columns.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 11:19 AM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Pravesh

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 2:28 PM Pravesh Sharma <pravesh.sharma@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am working on feature #6374 which is adding storage parameters while creating an index. I have made changes in the definition tab of create index to have all the required parameters. Attached is the new design, please review it.

I also have a few points which require suggestions.
  1. Storage parameters are different for different access methods. If an access method does not support a parameter we can either disable it or hide it (I am thinking of hiding it based on the access method).
               Disable the controls.
  1. There is a storage parameter named buffering which is by default auto and takes on/off value. What type of control should I use for it? Should it be a switch or a drop down with three options on, off and auto, if we have a switch user won't be able to move to auto.
                It should be a drop-down with all three options.
  1. There is a parameter vacuum_cleanup_index_scale_factor that was added on PostgreSQL 11 but was removed on PostgreSQL 13, should we add this too?
                No need to add the above parameter.

Thanks
Pravesh Sharma

--