Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4017] Query Tool History persistence

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4017] Query Tool History persistence
Дата
Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4017] Query Tool History persistence  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 6:14 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:33 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 4:02 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 7:00 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to make query history persistent. The number of records to persist is configurable using MAX_QUERY_HIST_STORED (config.py) which is per user/server/database based (currently set to 20). Records will be stored in the sqlite3 db.
Test cases are included.

Some initial review comments:

- When first clicking the History tab, the top query is selected and details shown, *except* the SQL query in the details panel. It displays correctly if the query is clicked.

- The date is shown in two different formats on the history panel: "Mar 12 2019" in the list, and "03/12/2019" on the details panel. They should be consistent.
I'll use the locale string here on both sides.

- The date in the details panel is still being shown in US format, which is confusing for me. Should we just use Date.toLocaleDateString()?.

- Deleting a server should delete the users history for that server.

- I think we should reference the database by name in the config database, so that if the user drops and recreates the database, they can retain the history.
I have implemented per user/database/server based. Here, user means pgadmin user and not database user right ? If database user, then should pgadmin user also be considered ?

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I have a question here. Now, the query history is loaded in view/edit table data also, which I think should not.  What do you suggest ?

Good question. I want to minimise the differences between the two modes, as eventually we want it to be seemless. Can we keep the history as it works now (i.e. no pre-loading/saving), and disable the "Copy to editor" button?
OK. I will make changes to remove View/Edit data query tool from history persistence membership. And plus disabling the button - "Copy to editor".

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake