cache lookup failed for attribute 1 of relation XXXXXX

От Alessandro Aste
Тема cache lookup failed for attribute 1 of relation XXXXXX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, we have a logical backup process that runs every night since 5+ years. It is a logical backup we use to restore a non production environment.  We use pg_dump in parallel mode in directory format.
Postgres version is 9.6.6

Tonight schedule failed with the following error:

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR:  cache lookup failed for attribute 1 of relation 2223152859

    pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: SELECT t.tableoid, t.oid, t.relname AS indexname, pg_catalog.pg_get_indexdef(i.indexrelid) AS indexdef, t.relnatts AS indnkeys, i.indkey, i.indisclustered, i.indisreplident, t.relpages, c.contype, c.conname, c.condeferrable, c.condeferred, c.tableoid AS contableoid, c.oid AS conoid, pg_catalog.pg_get_constraintdef(c.oid, false) AS condef, (SELECT spcname FROM pg_catalog.pg_tablespace s WHERE s.oid = t.reltablespace) AS tablespace, t.reloptions AS indreloptions FROM pg_catalog.pg_index i JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class t ON (t.oid = i.indexrelid) LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint c ON (i.indrelid = c.conrelid AND i.indexrelid = c.conindid AND c.contype IN ('p','u','x')) WHERE i.indrelid = '2223152859'::pg_catalog.oid AND i.indisvalid AND i.indisready ORDER BY indexname

We attempted to run the backup manually the 2nd time just after a couple of minutes and it suceeded with no issues, the restore of the non production env suceeded too.  Not sure what this error is though. Have never seen it before.

Index with that indexrelid does not exists

SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.pg_index WHERE indexrelid = '2223152859';
(0 rows)

Any idea about what happened? In the server logs I see only one occurrence of that error and it is related to the failed pg_dump:

2018-07-19 01:04:26 GMT [127.0.0.1(52498)] [50816]: [13-1] db=cmdv3,user=postgres ERROR:  cache lookup failed for attribute 1 of relation 2223152859

Thanks much in advance