Re: Foreign table performance issue / PostgreSQK vs. ORACLE

От Jeremy Smith
Тема Re: Foreign table performance issue / PostgreSQK vs. ORACLE
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Could there be some tuning option in PostgreSQL to make queries via foreign tables faster (e.g. I heard about option fetch_size)?

fetch_size can make a difference, but it won't change a query that takes hours into a query that takes seconds.  The default is likely too low, though.

Have you analyzed the foreign table or set use_remote_estimate?  With no statistics, postgres may just be pulling the entire remote table.

As others have mentioned, it would be useful to see your query.  There may be obvious issues, such as functions in the predicate, but without the query, we can only guess.