Re: [BUGS] BUG #14853: Parameter type is required even when the querydoes not need to know the type

I have an application that I am trying to make it work in PostgreSQL and PostgreSQL seems to be the only database that does not support queries like:
SELECT 1 WHERE ? IS NULL
with a Java setTimestamp parameter.

You say PostgreSQL is strongly typed, but an unknown type is accepted in the cases I presented before. Do you mean that PostgreSQL is not following the SQL standard?