[pgAdmin4][Patch]: View and Materialised View Nodes

От Surinder Kumar
Тема [pgAdmin4][Patch]: View and Materialised View Nodes
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

PFA patch for View and Materialised View Nodes.
This patch is dependent on tables node and its subnodes patch.
Please test this patch once latest tables node patch is submitted.

I have merged one other patch:
"Don't show Security group of node if it is under Catalogs"

Below are the fix for the review comments given by Dave:

- Please add sqlCreateHelp and sqlAlterHelp properties to all nodes.
I have added these in View and Materialised View.

- Some of the SQL templates have inconsistent indenting (i.e. not 4 chars), e.g.

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW pem.avail_agents
 AS
Fixed

- When creating any object, the Owner, Schema and Tablespace should
have default values.
Fixed

- Property labels should only have the first word capitalised, e.g.

  Security barrier
  Check options
Fixed

- The Definition box on the View dialogue should start at a single
line and expand as needed - see the Function dialogue
Fixed

- The Cancel button doesn't work on the View dialog. Please check them all.
In latest code pull, It seems to be fixed. not reproducible at my end.

- The Save button doesn't close the View dialog, nor does it add the tree node.
In latest code pull, It seems to be fixed. not reproducible at my end.

- Dependencies and Dependents don't show icons, and have very tall
rows. This issue likely comes from elsewhere as I'm seeing it on other
object types as well.
Yes, it is general, previously images were visible. It is regression of some commit. I will check it.

- Reverse engineered SQL for a column on a view is shown like:

DROP COLUMN id; ALTER TABLE pem.avail_agents ADD COLUMN id
integer(4);</body></html>

(yes, it's displaying the HTML tags)
I pulled the latest code, but it is not reproducible.

- The ACL property should be called Privileges and be in the Security
group (see functions, sequences etc).
Fixed

- The Schema should not be shown in "Properties" view.
Fixed

- Fields in the General section should be in the order: Name, OID,
Owner, System xxx? (where appropriate), Comment
I have checked that In view Fields (Name, Owner, Schema & Comment) are in this order.
I didn't got your point. Can you please give and example, if possible.

Materialised Views:

- Selecting an MV results in:

2016-04-14 09:34:58,863: ERROR pgadmin: Exception on
/browser/materialized_view/obj/1/1/24587/27424/107612 [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py",
line 1817, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py",
line 1477, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py",
line 1381, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py",
line 1475, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py",
line 1461, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/views.py",
line 84, in view
    return self.dispatch_request(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/utils.py", line
233, in dispatch_request
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/views/__init__.py",
line 185, in wrap
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/views/__init__.py",
line 1226, in properties
    self.conn, result, 'table')
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/utils.py",
line 357, in parse_vacuum_data
    vacuum_fields = render_template("vacuum_settings/vacuum_fields.json")
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py",
line 127, in render_template
    return _render(ctx.app.jinja_env.get_or_select_template(template_name_or_list),
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py",
line 830, in get_or_select_template
    return self.get_template(template_name_or_list, parent, globals)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py",
line 791, in get_template
    return self._load_template(name, self.make_globals(globals))
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py",
line 765, in _load_template
    template = self.loader.load(self, name, globals)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/loaders.py",
line 113, in load
    source, filename, uptodate = self.get_source(environment, name)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py",
line 64, in get_source
    raise TemplateNotFound(template)
TemplateNotFound: vacuum_settings/vacuum_fields.json

It seems this patch
wasn't applied properly. Now this patch is sent with tables patch.

- When creating an MV, an error is immediately shown telling me to
specify a name. We do not normally show such errors until the field
loses focus.
Now its fixed.

- No default owner is shown in create mode.
Fixed.

- "Please enter function definition." is shown as an error on the
definition field.
It triggers this error message as it is mandatory.

- The Definition field is missing a label. If relying on the tab title
to be the label, the control should fill the tab (as with Security
options etc).
Fixed.

- No default tablespace is shown.
Fixed

- If I enable custom auto-vacuum, there is no way to add a row to
specify options.
You can enable custom auto vacuum field and add new values in the auto vacuum settings.

- If I specify a comment on an MV, I get "ERROR: "mv_pg_tables" is not a view"
For some reason tablespace name was missing in generated sql.

- Save/Cancel buttons not working as expected (like other objects)
In latest code pull, It seems to be fixed. not reproducible at my end.

Thanks,
Surinder Kumar

Вложения