Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1840 - cannot create gist index due to enforced ASC, DESC options in generated SQL

От Surinder Kumar
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1840 - cannot create gist index due to enforced ASC, DESC options in generated SQL
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

Please find updated patch with change.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > This fix is for exclusion constraint.
>> > The options like "order" and "nulls" must be conditional. i.e. include
>> > only
>> > when access method type is other than "gist".
>>
>> When creating an index, the asc/desc options are disabled if gist/gin
>> used. I think they also should be here.
>>
>> Also, what about gin indexes in this case?
>
> As per documentation,
> The access method must support amgettuple (see Chapter 52); at present this
> means GIN cannot be used

OK, but this patch (unlike the last one) only seems to check for gist.
​I have modified the code so It will check for 'gist' and 'spgist'

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company