Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - Disable PrivilegeControl for nodes visible under catalog

От Surinder Kumar
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - Disable PrivilegeControl for nodes visible under catalog
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Please ignore the above patch because instead of disabling fields, now we are hiding the control.

As per my conversation with Ashesh, In some cases we need not to show "Group Tab" if its all fields are set to visible = false.
For example: In case of view, "privilege info and security labels" need not to show under catalogs. so Its group tab "Security" should also disappear.

Please find attached patch and review it.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
This time, with the screenshot...

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> PFA minor patch for PrivilegeRoleModel
>>
>> Change: Add check to disable PrivilegeRoleModel fields for nodes visible
>> under catalog.
>>
>> Please review the patch.
>
> I'm unclear what this is supposed to do:
>
> - Those fields already seem to be disabled under catalog nodes (though
> - the Add button on subnode grids is still active, but doesn't do
> anything)
>
> - Shouldn't we just hide privilege info on those nodes directly? Why
> break modularity for this?

Yes instead of disabling privilege info, it is better to hide privilege info.
I have attached the patch for it.

> - I'm seeing weird effects after applying this patch - see the
> attached screenshot. However, that issue remains even after I remove
> it again (and restart the server, and hard-reload). It does seem to
> fix itself eventually, but I'm not sure what causes that. If I try to
> refresh the Functions node, I get:
>
> jquery.contextMenu.js:309 No items specified to show in
> contextMenuhandle.contextmenu @
> jquery.contextMenu.js:309jQuery.event.dispatch @
> jquery-1.11.2.js:4665elemData.handle @ jquery-1.11.2.js:4333
> jquery.contextMenu.js:312 Uncaught Error: No Items
> specifiedhandle.contextmenu @
> jquery.contextMenu.js:312jQuery.event.dispatch @
> jquery-1.11.2.js:4665elemData.handle @ jquery-1.11.2.js:4333

I have applied the same patch but functions node under schema and catalogs are working fine.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch] Implementation of the Data Grid and Query Tool
От: Surinder Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Grant Wizard