Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> I can't imagine that this is much of a problem in practice.

Although I will add that not caching highly useful inner pages for the
medium term, because that index isn't being used at all for 5 minutes
probably is very bad. Using the 4,828 buffers that it would take to
store all the inner pages (as in my large primary index example) to go
store something else is probably penny wise and pound foolish.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: assertion in 9.4 with wal_level=logical
Сообщение: Re: assertion in 9.4 with wal_level=logical