Re: Improving executor performance - tidbitmap

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Improving executor performance - tidbitmap
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Brin indexes IIRC always end up using tidbitmap.c, so the benefits
> should be there as well ;)

Right. Might the improvement be even more pronounced, though?

I'm not sure how a BRIN index with a suitable physical/logical
correlation performs compared to a bitmap index scan of a B-Tree (due
to a less selective bitmap index scan qual, as in your example), but
offhand I guess that could be faster in general, making the bottleneck
you're addressing relatively greater there.

--
Peter Geoghegan