Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
> It's true for perl. Syntax of hstore is close to hash/array syntax and it's
> easy serialize/deserialize hstore to/from perl. Syntax of hstore was
> inspired by perl.

I understand that. There is a module on CPAN called Pg::hstore that
will do this; it appears to have been around since 2011. I don't use
Perl, so I don't know a lot about it. Perhaps David Wheeler has an
opinion on the value of Perl-like syntax, as a long time Perl
enthusiast?

In any case, Perl has excellent support for JSON, just like every
other language - you are at no particular advantage in Perl by having
a format that happens to more closely resemble the format of Perl
hashes and arrays. I really feel that we should concentrate our
efforts on one standardized format here. It makes the effort to
integrate your good work, in a way that makes it available to everyone
so much easier.

--
Peter Geoghegan