Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think a buildfarm animal that doesn't run the actual upstream
>> code is a good idea. That'll make it a lot harder to understand what's
>> going on when something breaks after a commit.  It'd also require the
>> custom patches being rebased ontop of $branch before every run...
>
> hm. oh well.  maybe if there was a separate page for custom builds
> (basically, an unsupported section).

I think that's a bad idea. The QNX OS seems to be mostly used in
safety-critical systems; it has a microkernel design. I think it would
be particularly bad to have iffy support for something like that.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)