Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Should TIDs be typbyval = FLOAT8PASSBYVAL to speed up CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, the machine we called "ninefivealpha", which incidentally, failed to
> find a single bug in alpha2 thru beta2, is currently idle, and concurrent
> index creation times are a bugbear around these parts. Can somebody, either
> in this thread or privately, outline what sort of a test they'd like to see?

Any kind of CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY test, before and after.

I looked at a simple, random int4 column. That seems like a good case
to focus on, since there isn't too much other overhead.  I think I
performed my test on an unlogged table, to make sure other overhead
was even further minimized.

--
Peter Geoghegan