Re: Problems with approach #2 to value locking (INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE patch)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Problems with approach #2 to value locking (INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE patch)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> I looked at the code in more detail, and realized that there were old
> bugs in the exclusion constraint related modifications. I attach a
> delta patch that fixes them. This is a combined patch that is all that
> is needed to apply on top of v1.8.vallock2.tar.gz [1] to have all
> available bugfixes.

I've updated Jeff Janes' test suite to support testing of exclusion
constraints that are equivalent to unique indexes:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/jjanes_upsert/commit/a941f423e9500b847b1a9d1805ba52cb11db0ae9

(This requires a quick hack to the Postgres source code to accept
exclusion constraints as ON CONFLICT UPDATE arbiters).

So far, everything seems okay with exclusion constraints, as far as I
can determine using the stress tests that we have. This is an
encouraging sign.

--
Peter Geoghegan