Re: Stating the significance of Lehman & Yao in the nbtree README

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Stating the significance of Lehman & Yao in the nbtree README
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Well, to be fair, the original patch was posted to the list more than a
> month ago, and it should have been in this CF. But… it wasn't. And now
> after more than two weeks into this CF, I don't think it should be.

Is that how the rule is interpreted? Okay, I defer to you. I guess
I've just never seen a situation where that distinction needed to be
drawn come up before.

> I moved it to 2014-08. (Sorry, Peter.)

I don't mind if no one looks at this until then. I agree that this is
exactly the kind of thing that generally doesn't need to be handled
through a commitfest submission. The only reason I added this to any
commitfest was to avoid having it be forgotten about entirely, which
there is a real danger of for something like this when it isn't
handled quickly. I almost forgot about it myself.

--
Peter Geoghegan