Re: BUG #14134: segmentation fault with large table with gist index

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #14134: segmentation fault with large table with gist index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Pushed.  I added an explicit initialization of orderbysort->abbreviate,
> because all the other callers of PrepareSortSupportFromOrderingOp make
> a point of setting that.  Also a regression test.

Thanks.

It hardly matters, but this bug did not occur because interval is
pass-by-reference (I withdrew my previous remarks on typbyval-ness
being a factor here). As it happens, the built-in pass-by-value types
almost all have SortSupport for as long there has been a
sortsupport.h, but that's not automatically true. The shim code path
would still be taken and would still dereference a NULL memory context
pointer if there was an affected type. (A pass-by-value type with a
distance operator usable by GiST, but no SortSupport, used in the same
way as the test case shows.)

--
Peter Geoghegan