Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> and you cannot throw a serialization failure at read committed.
>
> Not sure that's true, but at least it might not be the most desirable behavior.

I'm pretty sure that that's totally true. "You don't have to worry
about serialization failures at read committed, except when you do"
seems kind of weak to me. Especially since none of the usual suspects
say the same thing. That said, it sure would be convenient if it
wasn't true!

--
Peter Geoghegan