Re: logical changeset generation v6

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: logical changeset generation v6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> The existence of a tool like
> pg_receivellog seems to presuppose that the goal is spit out logical
> change records as text, but I'm not sure that's actually going to be a
> very common thing to want to do...

Sure, but I think it's still worth having, for debugging purposes and
so on. Perhaps the incorrect presupposition is that it deserves to
live in /bin and not /contrib. Also, even though the tool is
derivative of pg_receivexlog, its reason for existing is sufficiently
different that maybe it deserves an entirely distinct name. On the
other hand, precisely because it's derivative of
receivelog/pg_receivexlog, it kind of makes sense to group them
together like that. So I don't know.

--
Peter Geoghegan