Re: tuplesort_gettuple_common() and *should_free argument

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: tuplesort_gettuple_common() and *should_free argument
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] tuplesort_gettuple_common() and *should_free argument  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Should we be worried about breaking the API of tuplesort_get* functions?
> They might be used by extensions. I think that's OK, but wanted to bring it
> up. This would be only for master, of course, and any breakage would be
> straightforward to fix.

I don't think so. I'm not aware of any third party extensions that
call tuplesort.c routines, despite having looked for them. I noticed
that pg_repack doesn't. For any that do, they'll break in a
predictable, obvious way.

--
Peter Geoghegan