Re: Incorrect UPDATE trigger invocation in the UPDATE clause of an UPSERT statement.

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Incorrect UPDATE trigger invocation in the UPDATE clause of an UPSERT statement.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> We're on the same page. I just happen to think we might as well put
> the check beside the existing special case check for weird before
> triggers -- within ExecUpdate()'s HeapTupleSelfUpdated case. That
> avoids an extra HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate() call for every UPSERT
> update. We mostly only call that routine from heapam.c as things are.
> But I'm hardly going to insist on that.

Attached is a worked out patch, with the small differences I went
into. Take from it what you want.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect UPDATE trigger invocation in the UPDATE clause of an UPSERT statement.