Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think the things that use "wierd" visibility semantics are pretty much
> all doing that internally (things being EvalPlanQual stuff for
> INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE and the referential integrity triggers). I don't
> see sufficient reason why we should break away from that here. Yes,
> there's stuff that cannot be done when it's done internally, but we can
> live with those not being possible.

The whole point of what I was proposing was that those semantics would
only apply to a special tid scan node. Perhaps I missed something, but
I'm not sure why you'd consider that I was breaking away from that
here at all.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT
Сообщение: Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT