Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> My suggestion is to remove the special cases for Darwin and 32-bit
> systems and see how it goes.

I guess it should still be a configure option, then. Or maybe there
should just be a USE_ABBREV_KEYS macro within pg_config_manual.h.

Are you suggesting that the patch be committed with the optimization
enabled on all platforms by default, with the option to revisit
disabling it if and when there is user push-back? I don't think that's
unreasonable, given the precautions now taken, but I'm just not sure
that's what you mean.

--
Peter Geoghegan