Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, exactly what features are missing from jsonb
>> today that are available with hstore?  How long would it take to
>> copy-and-paste all that code, if someone were to decide to do the
>> work instead of argue about it?
>
> I believe the main thing is the opclasses.

Yes, that's right. A large volume of code currently proposed for
hstore2 is much less valuable than those operators sufficient to
implement the hstore2 opclasses. If you assume that hstore will become
a legacy extension that we won't add anything to (including everything
proposed in any patch posted to this thread), and jsonb will go in
core (which is of course more or less just hstore2 with a few json
extras), the amount of code redundantly shared between core and an
unchanged hstore turns out to not be that bad. I hope to have a
precise answer to just how bad soon.

--
Peter Geoghegan