Re: Memory prefetching while sequentially fetching from SortTuple array, tuplestore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Memory prefetching while sequentially fetching from SortTuple array, tuplestore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> For example, the 50 million tuple test has over 8% of its runtime
> shaved off. This seems to be a consistent pattern.

I included the nitty-gritty details of this case in something attached
to a mail I just sent, over in the "Quicksort for every external sort
run" thread, FWIW.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Using quicksort for every external sort run
Сообщение: Re: Using quicksort for every external sort run