Re: BUG #14344: string_agg(DISTINCT ..) crash

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #14344: string_agg(DISTINCT ..) crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> This fix has us copy the MinimalTuple into sortcontext palloc() memory
> within tuplesort_gettupleslot() (based on commit 25bf7f8b). This still
> differs a little from tuplestore_gettupleslot(), which explicitly uses
> current context of caller, but we've always done things that way for
> tuplesort.c.

Actually, it's only true that tuplesort sortcontext context is used
when copy isn't needed, which is not predictable to caller, so the new
comment is a bit inaccurate. The inconsistency seems inconsequential,
since we've always assume that caller tuples allocated within
sortcontext may be "owned" by caller (when should_free = true),
despite not being in caller's own memory context.

Attached is revision with tiny tweak to relevant comment.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения