Re: better atomics - v0.6

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: better atomics - v0.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
>> Heikki has marked the patch as 'ready for commiter' in the commitfest
>> (conditional on his remarks being addressed) and I agree. There seems to
>> be little benefit in waiting further. There *definitely* will be some
>> platform dependant issues, but that won't change by waiting longer.
>
> Agreed.  I won't claim to have done as good a review as others, but I've
> been following along as best I've been able to.

FWIW, I agree that you've already done plenty to ensure that this
works well on common platforms. We cannot reasonably expect you to be
just as sure that there are not problems on obscure platforms ahead of
commit. It isn't unheard of for certain committers (that don't like
Windows, say), to commit things despite having a suspicion that their
patch will turn some fraction of the buildfarm red. To a certain
extent, that's what we have it for.

--
Peter Geoghegan