Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You're
>> essentially leveraging a commit bit that you haven't used in more than
>> three years to try to push a patch that was submitted months too late
>

> I'm not leveraging anything any I'm not going to push something unless
> people are on board. That's *why* I sent that message. And I started
> the email by saying I was going to go work on patches from the
> commitfest first.

Exactly.

I was of the opinion, as some familiar with the subject matter, that
this rose to the level of deserving special consideration. I'm glad
that there does seem to be a general recognition that such a category
exists. Given the reservations of Robert and others, this isn't going
to happen for 9.4. It was never going to happen under a cloud of
controversy. I only broached the idea.

Special consideration is not something I ask for lightly. I must admit
that it's hard to see things as I do if you aren't as familiar with
the problem. I happen to think that this is the wrong decision, but
I'll leave it at that.

I'm sure that whatever we come up with for 9.5 will be a lot better
than what I have here, because it will probably be generalized to
other important cases.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)