Re: Parallel query and temp_file_limit

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Parallel query and temp_file_limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Peter doesn't seem in a hurry to produce a patch for this issue,
> I wrote one.  It is attached.  I'll commit this in a day or two if
> nobody objects.

Sorry about the delay.

Your patch seems reasonable, but I thought we'd also want to change
"per session" to "per session (with an additional temp_file_limit
allowance within each parallel worker)" for temp_file_limit.

I think it's worthwhile noting this for temp_file_limit specifically,
since it's explicitly a per session limit, whereas users are quite
used to the idea that work_mem might be doled out multiple times for
multiple executor nodes.

--
Peter Geoghegan