Re: 9.4 release notes

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>         JSONB values are also mapped to SQL scalar data types, rather
> than being treated always as strings.

Something like that. Perhaps you should just go with what the
documentation says: "Primitive JSON types described by RFC 7159 are
effectively internally mapped onto native PostgreSQL types."

The fact that the default B-Tree operator class defines a type-wise
ordering is beside the point. That's just currently the most obvious
way in which this "shadow typing" is evident. At some point we're
going to have to figure out ways to manipulate jsonb using shadow type
specific operators or functions, so you can for example "extract"
actual numeric values easily. I don't want users to assume that those
don't exist right now due to a fundamental limitation of our
implementation.

--
Peter Geoghegan