Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Дата
Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
>> What I have a problem with is using the MERGE syntax to match people's
>> preexisting confused ideas about what MERGE does. If we do that, it'll
>> definitely bite us when we go to make what we'd be calling MERGE do
>> what MERGE is actually supposed to do. I favor clearly explaining
>> that.
>>
> Opinionated I may be, but I wanted stay well clear of the syntax minefield
> in this area - as I still have at least a vestigial instinct for self
> preservation!  :-)

To be clear: I don't think Simon is confused about this at all, which
is why I'm surprised that he suggested it.

--
Peter Geoghegan