Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Wrong. You can't realistically implement the guarantees of UPSERT
> without a corresponding UNIQUE index.

You definitely can do it; the question is what you consider
reasonable in terms of development effort, performance, and
concurrency.  I think the problem can be solved with non-scary
values of pretty much any two of those.  I guess my assumption is
that we won't handle the general case until someone wants to put
the substantial development effort into making the other two
acceptable.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}