Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> We want to get it back to working. But short-term, it's more important to
> limit the scope of the brokenness, since this is a version that people are
> putting in production. Once we have enough info to safely say we've put a
> workaround in place, we turn it back on.

Do you think it's possible that my amcheck tool might have a role to
play here? I wrote it for exactly this kind of scenario. If we could
get it reviewed, then a pre-release version compatible with 9.5 could
be made available. I'd be willing to work on that side of things if
core are receptive. Early prototypes of the tool were used to detect
collation incompatibility issues in production.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)