Re: UNDO and in-place update

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: UNDO and in-place update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 11:32 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> IMHO, overall, there should be pros and cons of the current approach and the new UNDo one (like Oracle?), depending
onthe workload.  Under update-heavy workload, the UNDO method may be better.  OTOH, under the mostly-INSERT workload
(likedata warehouse?), the current method will be better because it writes no log for UNDO.

I believe that you are correct about that.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: UNDO and in-place update
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw