Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Making joins involving ctid work for the benefit of UPSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Meh. A understandable syntax wouldn't require the pullups with a special
> scan node and such. I think you're attempting a sort of genericity
> that's making your (important!) goal much harder to reach.

Well, maybe. If the genericity of this syntax isn't what people want,
I may go with something else. At the suggestion of Robert I did start
a dedicated thread on that question months back (explicitly putting
aside the nitty-gritty details of the implementation), but that didn't
go anywhere.

--
Peter Geoghegan