Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Could you write some code to print out the block number (i.e.
> "BlockNumber blkno") if there are more than, say, 5 retries within
> _bt_moveright()?

Obviously I mean that the block number should be printed, no matter
whether or not the P_INCOMPLETE_SPLIT() path is taken or not. So you
should just move this to the top of the for(;;) loop, so it's always
available to print:

BlockNumber blkno = BufferGetBlockNumber(buf);

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan