Re: Clang compiler warning on 9.3 HEAD

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Clang compiler warning on 9.3 HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM, Will Leinweber <will@heroku.com> wrote:
> On ref 8507907 when compiling with clang on os x, I got this warning which
> seems like a possible bug.
>
> I thought to report this because I imagine clang isn't frequently used
> day-to-day by most.

I actually reported a bug that was thrown up by Clang for similar
reasons over a year ago (i.e. an implicit conversion of one enum type
to another). That bug was fixed (by this commit:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=05e83968929f4ec1eba058fcae755fd2df98864e
), and the diagnostics were considered generally sound and useful at
the time. This looks like a real problem to me.

--
Peter Geoghegan