Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are those numbers measured on MAC's strxfrm?
>
> That was the one with suboptimal entropy on the first 8 bytes.

No, they're from a Linux system which uses glibc 2.19. The
optimization will simply be not used on implementations that don't
meet a certain standard (see my AC_TRY_RUN test program). I'm
reasonably confident that that test program will pass on most systems.
Just not Mac OSX. The optimization is never used on Windows and 32-bit
systems for other reasons.

--
Peter Geoghegan