Re: Per row status during INSERT .. ON CONFLICT UPDATE?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Per row status during INSERT .. ON CONFLICT UPDATE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> The RETURNING clause just allows us to return columns, but am unable to
>> find a way to know 'what' happened to a given row.
>
> There previously has been discussion about extending RETURNING to allow
> to return the before/after row. But to me that's a mostly independent
> feature to ON CONFLICT.

That's certainly something we talked about. It could probably be done
with some kind of magical expression. I have to wonder how many of the
people that are sure that they need this really do, though. Is it
really natural to care about this distinction with idiomatic usage?

--
Peter Geoghegan