Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>> I'm happy that I can do at least that much, but I see no reason to not
>> go significantly further.
>
> Don't risk bundling tests for other sorting scenarios.  A minimal test for the
> bug in question helps to qualify your patch as an exemplary bug fix.  Broader
> test coverage evicts your patch from that irreproachable category, inviting
> reviewers to determine that you went too far.

I have no intention of attempting to shoehorn tests for other sorting
scenarios into this bugfix. But, I will wait for Robert to comment on
what I've said before acting.

We should be more ambitious about adding test coverage to tuplesort.c.

--
Peter Geoghegan