Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 6:30 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to change the on-disk format for tapes without a lot more
> discussion.  Can you come up with a fix that avoids that for now?

A more conservative approach would be to perform conversion on-the-fly
once more. That wouldn't be patently unacceptable from a performance
perspective, and would also not change the on-disk format for tapes.

Thoughts?

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)