Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> And so, in simpler words, you believe that any
>> heap_abort_speculative() call to toast_delete() will cause this error
>> to be raised?
>
> Looks that way, yes.

The reason I doubted that it could be that simple was that it took
this long to hear about this bug. It also took me a little while to
produce a test case. I tended to doubt that all toast_delete() calls
from heap_abort_speculative() are broken, since ISTM that they're not
very rare in practice.

I may have been wrong about that, though.

--
Peter Geoghegan