Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Дата
Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I am glad you are looking at this.  You are right that it requires a
> huge amount of testing, but clearly our code needs improvement in this
> area.

Thanks.

Does anyone recall the original justification for the recommendation
that shared_buffers never exceed 8GiB? I'd like to revisit the test
case, if such a thing exists.

--
Peter Geoghegan