Re: Bug in bttext_abbrev_convert()

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Bug in bttext_abbrev_convert()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> Isn't this the kind of thing Coverty's supposed to find?

I don't know, but in general I'm not very excited about static
analysis tools. The best things that they have going for them is that
they're available, and don't require test coverage in the same way as
running the regression tests with Valgrind enabled.

There is no real testing of sorting in the regression tests. It would
be nice to have a way of generating a large and varied selection of
sort operations programmatically, to catch this kind of thing.
pg_regress is not really up to it. The same applies to various other
cases where having a lot of "expected" output makes using pg_regress
infeasible.

--
Peter Geoghegan