Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 04:50 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> I understand that there are ambitious plans for a VODKA-am that will
>> support indexing operations on nested structures that are a lot more
>> advanced than those enabled by the hstore operator classes included in
>> these patches. However, surely these hstore operator classes have
>> independent value, or represent incremental progress?
>
> Primary value is that in theory the hstore2 opclasses are available
> *now*, as opposed to a year from now.

Well, yes, that's right. Although we cannot assume that VODKA will get
into 9.5 - it's a big project. Nor is it obvious to me that a
VODKA-ized set of operator classes would not bring with them exactly
the same dilemma as we now face vis-a-vis hstore code reuse and GIN
operator classes. So it seems reasonable to me to suppose that VODKA
should not influence our decision here. Please correct me if I'm
mistaken.

--
Peter Geoghegan